Crafted by Chris Tunstall, half of the team (with wife Julia) behind "A Bar Above," a website, podcast and resource for mixologists.
"Rich, smooth and elegant, this cocktail amplifies the flavors and mouthfeel of the Small Batch 1792 Bourbon. The maple syrup in the cocktail highlights the bourbon’s hints of vanilla and toffee while the cinnamon and allspice reinforce the spice from the rye."
- 2 oz. brown butter, cinnamon and allspice infused 1792 Bourbon (see instructions below)
- 1/2 oz. orange juice
- 1/4oz. lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. maple syrup
- 3/4 oz. egg white
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Garnish with ground cinnamon
- Add all ingredients except cinnamon to a shaker tin. Dry shake (without ice) to build foam.
- Add ice and shake well.
- Double-strain into a coupe glass and garnish with freshly grated cinnamon.
BROWN BUTTER, CINNAMON ANDALLSPICE-INFUSED BOURBON
- Over medium heat, add 2 tsp. butter to a small saucepan.
- Stir as butter foams and begins to brown.
- When the butter is a medium brown and has a nutty aroma, remove from the heat.
- Add 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and a pinch of allspice.
- Stir well and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully pour warm butter into 8 oz. of 1792 Bourbon.
- Infuse at room temp for 2 hours.
- Chill in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove the hard butter film from the top of the bourbon.
- Strain through a coffee filter.
DRINK WITH STYLE
Whether it’s dinner with your loved one or an upscale lounge with friends, a crisp open collar white shirt, dark-toned blazer and dark denim jeans make the perfect evening combo.
Drink with Style tips provided by the Tom James Company.